REPORT TO PICKMERE PARISH COUNCIL
6th June 2023
AGENDA ITEM 9.2 COUNCILLOR TRAINING – INDUCTION FOR COUNCILLORS
1.1 As new parish councillors it is crucial to understand the powers, duties and responsibilities of parish councils and councillors. CHALC (Cheshire Association of Local Councils) hold various training sessions on various topics, the most appropriate at this stage being Induction training. This course explains:
• Who does what?
• How should meetings be conducted?
• Who makes decisions, what can be delegated?
• Why powers are important and what duties should be carried out?
• How does the Council work with the planning system?
• How is the budget and precept set?
1.2 Sessions are delivered virtually via Zoom and last for approximately 2 hours.
Cost: ChALC Members £25 (there is provision within the Council’s budget for such training).
1.3 Several sessions were run in May and it will be necessary to ask CHALC if and when any further sessions will be held.
2.1 That members note the report and are recommended to undergo such training.
Acting Clerk to the Parish Council