REPORT TO PICKMERE PARISH COUNCIL
6th June 2023
AGENDA ITEM 9.7 BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND VISITOR ISSUES
1 Report of Chair
1.1 The Parish has experienced a number of issues focused around the lake in recent weeks.
1.2 There has been an increase in support from the Police and Cheshire East in response to the efforts of Councillors and residents in reporting issues particularly Parking and ASB.
1.3 During recent weeks the following have occurred.
• 2 locks for the gate at the IROS have been broken
• Cheshire East and the Police have been active in issuing fines in relation to parking
• Drug hardware has been recovered from the lake
• 5 people were given Community Resolutions at the lake in relation to Drugs
• BBQs have been used on the IROS casing scorch marks on the grass and benches and some have been disposed of in the Lake or in rubbish bins (still hot).
• A “parked” car rolled down the hill and crashed into a lamppost near the lake
• Extensive litter picks have been undertaken by residents and other groups at the IROS
2.1 That Council should reconfirm locking of the gate at 8pm in the summer, consider improved signage in relation to BBQ use and lobby CEC for the repainting of existing lines and the provision of new yellow lines.